My Book-et list

This is a list of books i want to read before I die ;) . I will also mention books i am currently reading and books which have i have loved. If you come across this list and know some really great worth - reading books, please mention in the comments below. Thanks already!!! :D
Books i want to read:
  1. Autobiography of Napolean Hill
  2. Ramayana
  3. The Hobits
  4. Ignited minds
  5. Mein Kampf
  6. Shantaram
  7. I want to read any travelogue(please suggest) 
... Will keep adding to this list.

Books I have read and loved:
  1. To kill a mocking bird : This book is a must read for everyone if you have already not read it. This is one of the only two books by Harper Lee. (PS. Can be an excellent gift for anyone) 
  2. Wings of fire : A beautiful book. Its about struggle and endurance to achieve your goal. It is about the efforts and vision of a great visionary - A P J Abdul Kalma
  3. The Lord of the Rings : Masterpiece by J R R Tolkien. I have heard a lot about his other work and do plan on reading them. You will be flabbergasted with the entire plot of this book. LOTR is a very big book (part 1,2 and 3),but trust me every word is worth it. I hope to read the hobbits soon. 
  4. The God of small things : This book reminds me of To kill a mocking bird. Arundhati Roy has put the entire plot in a very simple and engaging pattern.
  5. The monk who sold his ferrari : Simple language.. Simple explanation.. Great message... After reading this book I am looking forward to reading more of Robin Sharma 's books. I have read a lot of self-improvement books but this is one which has really impressed me.
  6. Mahabharata by C. Rajgopalachari : This is a very precise book for people short on time. I enjoyed reading it. But, I plan on reading a detailed version of Mahabharata soon!

<< I will add the other books I have read to the list soon. \m/>>
I am currently reading:
Date : 6th March 2016
Albert Einstein RELATIVITY - The special and the general theory
The book is giving me jitters. But Einstein has promised use of minimum mathematical terms to explain basic ideas and principles of the relativity theory. May God grace me with the patience to read and understand the theory which has shaped the world we live in today.

<<edit>>
Date: 31st May 2016
Albert Einstein RELATIVITY - The special and the general theory
I stopped reading the book, this book goes back in my book-et list!

Currently reading:
Lance Armstrong    It's not about the Bike    My Journey Back to Life
Lance Armstrong was diagnosed with Stage 4 Testicular Cancer when he was just 25 years old. When all hope was lost, Lance fought cancer. He even won the Tour De France championship (which is one of the gruel races) in record time. This book is about his struggle, about his fight against cancer and other things. About his emergence as a hero!

The book starts with
"I want to die at hundred years old with an American flag on my back and the star of Texas on my helmet, after screaming down an Alpine descent on a bicycle at 75 miles per hour. I want to cross one last finish line as my stud wife and my ten children applaud, and then I want to lie down in a field of those famous French sunflowers and gracefully expire, the perfect contradiction to my once-anticipated poignant early demise."

I think these line have captured a lot. Love and passion for speed, sport and his family, his life. I believe, people with such kind of passion and love can conquer any and every obstacle in life, and Lance Armstrong has done it. He just never give up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing your own ejabberd Module

npm ECONNREFUSED error

Conditional Flow - Spring Batch Part 6